Although galas, parties, concerts and fundraisers were cancelled, postponed or went virtual, autumn in Southampton is still divine. Crisp breezes begin to blow through the branches of leaves turning splendid gold shades as pumpkins are picked and ruby wines are sipped.
With fall upon us, your cozy getaway by the beach awaits at the Southampton Inn. Located in the historic Village of Southampton on the East End of Long Island, the Tudor-style Inn offers 90 elegant guest rooms surrounded by magnificent estates, within walking distance of boutiques, museums, art galleries, and eateries.
The Southampton Inn:
• Autumn rates are much reduced from $145 per night double occupancy (+ tax and fees). Most dates have vacancies. Connecting rooms are available for family getaways. Discounts available for stays of 3 nights or longer. Monthly room rentals for $3,500 (+ tax and fees) from November through March are available in lieu of house rentals (includes housekeeping, utilities, and garbage removal).
• Claude’s Restaurant unveiled its all new brunch menu and is now available Wednesday through Sunday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. The award-winning restaurant will continue its breakfasts daily, as well intimate dinner parties, corporate events, and micro weddings for groups with fewer than 50 attendees. Please call 631-283-6500 for more information.
• November is Thank You Month To First Responders, Health Care Workers And Veterans. Rooms for First Responders, Health Care Workers and Veterans are $100 per night double occupancy (limited availability) plus taxes and fee. (Valid ID needed upon check in)
• Due to Covid spikes and advisories from State, Southampton Inn will not be offering their Thanksgiving package. However, Thanksgiving weekend provides a great opportunity to be in Southampton with a myriad of activities (even the History Museum Carriage House is open on Saturday and Sunday). A list of restaurants is available for Thanksgiving meals and Claude’s will be serving Turkey and all the fixings as a special afternoon item (to dine in restaurant, ballroom, guest room, or take out).
• Bicycle rentals with helmets and locks are available to guests through end of November (or weather permitting).
• Pets are welcome in the 16 pet friendly rooms.
• Bedside Reading bags of newly published books are offered to guests for your reading/relaxing in the library, on the lawns, patios, parks, beach, your guest room…. (while supplies last).Around the Village:
• Outdoor dining is offered at several Village eateries.
• The shops are open, welcoming, with some autumnal sales.
• The Southampton History Museum, Southampton Arts Center and Southampton Cultural Center have COVID compliant exhibits and activities.
• Sears Bellows and Quogue Wildlife Refuge walking paths and hiking trails are open.
• Farm stands are selling their fresh fall produce, candied apples and homemade baked goods.
• Wineries are open mostly by appointment for tours and tastings.
For more information, call 631-283-6500 or visit us at www.southamptoninn.com.