Southampton Inn, which has stood as a well-loved focal point of the local Southampton community for over 40 years, is participating in the town’s 375th anniversary celebrations throughout 2015 offering a host of specials, packages, events and more.
As a special incentive to participate in the upcoming family fun and fanfare, Southampton Inn is offering any three night stay, January through March 2015, for the special anniversary price of $375*. On Saturday March 7, 2015 a convocation will be held to commemorate the occasion with speakers, music and poetry. Following this event, Southampton Inn will host a special banquet feast at award-winning Café Oso for $37.50 per person (excluding tax). The Historical Museum and the Southampton Inn are partnering to honor many of the historic families by welcoming them to the town with historic lineage lectures, home receptions, and honorary dinners at the Inn. The Halsey family will be celebrated in July, and the Howells in October.
Founded in 1640, Southampton, New York is considered the first English settlement in the state of New York. The Southampton Historical Museum is leading the 375th Anniversary Committee together with local hotels, restaurants, shops, museums, and town and village officials. Southampton Inn will welcome guests throughout the year with various birthday themed packages as the hotel, with its 90 guest rooms, 50 foot pool, tennis court, and Coopers Beach shuttle, is within walking distance of most of the Southampton Village historical activities.
Special events throughout the birthday year which Southampton Inn will help to promote include:
- Southampton Historical Museum’s opening exhibit – March 7th through December. The exhibit will feature a history of Rogers Mansion which is located just 0.4 miles away from the Southampton Inn
- The Southampton Historical Museum’s Pelletreau Silver Shop on Main Street is offering Jewelry Making Classes throughout the year, beginning in mid-January. Students will learn the basics of jewelry making, from sculpting wax and soldering to setting stones and polishing, over an eight-week course
- A lecture program at the Historical Museum will continue through 2015. Antique Fairs will run May through September, with a Polish Festival in August, Harvest Day Fair in September, and Chowder Festival in November – the reasons to visit are nearly endless
- The highly-anticipated Annual Southampton House Tour: “Insider’s View” will be held on May 30th, 2015
- Southampton’s 375th Birthday Party will be held on June 20th at Rogers Mansion, four days after the first settlers of the town landed at Conscience Point on June 12, 1640. Free one-year, family memberships to the Historical Museum will be offered this day only. The party will include a band and dessert.
- The highly anticipated Late Summer Cocktail Party will be September 5th, 2015 at Rogers Mansion and includes gourmet hors d’oeuvres and open bar.
- The year’s celebrations will conclude with New Year’s Eve events, held annually at the Southampton Inn and a special museum benefit event being held at the Port of Missing Men historic mansion.
A year-round calendar for all 375th activities can be found at www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org/
* Rate is subject to availability. Based on double occupancy. Does not include tax.
About Southampton Inn
Set within several acres of manicured lawns and gardens in the heart of the Village of Southampton on Long Island’s stunning East End, Southampton Inn provides an idyllic, year-round escape for bustling city-dwellers. Winner of numerous awards, including “Best Breakfast,” “Best Hotel,” and “Best Wedding Location,” Southampton Inn is a warm and welcoming haven with an exemplary reputation that is richly deserved. Celebrate the art of pure relaxation, indulge in a romantic get-away, or enjoy precious time with the entire family – Southampton Inn has everything for the discerning traveler. With 90 well-appointed guestrooms which are located just steps away from the town’s fine dining restaurants, designer boutiques, art galleries, parks and museums, and a short drive from highly-rated Coopers Beach, the Inn is the perfect home-away-from-home to explore the scenic Hamptons.
For more information visit www.southamptoninn.com/